Tips for Nominating a Champion
Nominations are due by June 25, 2018. Every submission will be judged and ranked on a scale of 1 to 5 (five being the best) against the following criteria:
- The uniqueness of the submission.
- The level of passion communicated in the nomination.
- The strength of the effort/achievement/program that is making a difference in the lives of older adults.
- The strength of the incident or turning point that made the individual take action.
- The overall quality of the nomination.
- The strength of the designated charitable organization’s focus on making a difference in the lives of an aging population.
Tips for Nominations
- Keep in mind, there are many different types of Champions. We are looking for people who are making a difference in the lives of seniors.
- Take a look at our Submission Form before completing it. We suggest you review the information requested about the nominee and his or her good work before filling out your submission. An incomplete submission may not be considered.
- Our selection committee assesses nominations based on quality and strength of the nominee's story, not the quantity of nominations submitted. When answering questions, do your best to include specific examples and detailed descriptions that illustrate why your nominee should be a Champion.
- Tell us about your Champion. Take your time and write from the heart. Remember: What you share – in your own words – is an important factor in the selection process.
- Use Positive Words - When reviewing Champion nominations, the Selection Committee looks for key words that truly capture what it takes to be a Champion. These words can help signal to the Selection Committee that your nominee has done something extraordinary:
- “First”—this is the first time your nominee has made his or her achievement
- “Most/best/biggest/greatest”—this achievement highlights your nominee’s best or greatest results
- Action words—words like “transformed,” “completed,” “established,” “created,” “coordinated” or “launched,” among others
- If you have questions regarding the nominating process, e-mail us at WellCareChampions@WellCare.com.